We are now preparing for another great STN EXPO this summer! As you begin your travel plans to Reno, please note that this year’s schedule will have a few changes from the format in recent years.
This year, we will be offering the new Transportation Director’s Summit on July 7 and 8, a networking event designed exclusively for qualified transportation directors. Those interested must register as an STN EXPO main conference attendee first in order to be qualified. The conference part of the STN EXPO will kick off on Sunday, July 9.
Also new this year is a closing general session on the morning of Wednesday, July 9.
See below for the rest of the schedule-at-a-glance, and then register today!
Friday, July 7
Transportation Director Summit Ice Breaker & Networking Event
Saturday, July 8
- Transportation Director Summit, all day
- NHTSA Child Passenger Safety on School Buses, all day (additional fee)
- Special Training Sessions
- Pupil Transportation Safety Institute Dispatcher Training (additional fee)
- ASPEN Behavior Training for the School Bus
Sunday, July 9
- STN EXPO Orientation
- Opening General Session & Keynote: Dr. Stephen Sroka “The Power of One, The Power of Many”
- General Session: Establishing Transportation’s Viewpoint in Discussions on Education Reform
- Welcome Party (Sponsored by SafeGuard & Tyler Technologies)
Monday, July 10
- General Session & Keynote: Don Harkey: “High Performing Culture”
- Special Training Session: Surviving Active Shooter on the Bus & Defensible Use of Force
- General Session & Keynote: Jesus Villahermosa: “The Greatest Show on Wheels is the Greatest Show That Feels”
- Trade Show Networking Extravaganza
- Slots Tournament, Sponsored by E-Z-ON Products of Florida, Inc.
Tuesday, July 11
- General Session: Thomas Barth: NTSB Crash Investigation Update Roundtable on the Automated School Bus & Crash Mitigation Technology
- Trade Show
- General Session: Recruitment, Retention & Succession Planning
- Closing Keynote Address: Howard Putnam, Former CEO of Southwest Airlines: "Leadership, customer service and culture"
Wednesday, July 12
- General Session: “Coffee On Us, Tips Appreciated”
We’ll see you in Reno!