The National Association of State Directors of Pupil Transportation Services spent time on Sunday discussing some pressing issues currently surrounded by controversy, accusations and questions, including lap-shoulder belts and mobile data terminals aboard school buses as well as how federal school reform and criminal behavior by bus drivers affect the industry.
In addition to NASDPTS members who contributed, Dr. Kristin Poland of the National Transportation Safety Board, former National Highway Traffic Safety Administration executive Charles Gauthier, expert legal witness Dr. Linda Bluth, Rick Lecker who serves on the National Congress on School Transportation's Specifications Writing Committee, and Sgt. Chris Kath, school bus safety coordinator for the Indiana state police, shared their perspectives.
Latest from Ryan Gray
- Seon Launches New Path Route Operations Software
- Thomas Built Buses Makes Electronic Stability Control Standard Feature
- Thomas Built Buses Debuts Pedestrian Detection Prototype at STN EXPO
- Transfinder to Release Groundbreaking PLUS in 2018
- Nine Calif. School Districts Select Motiv Power Systems-Equipped All-Electric School Buses