Sixteen teams demonstrated correct technique in pre-checks, child restraints, wheelchair securement, student management, driving skills and evacuation in the 2018 TSD Conference Roadeo, which was presented by School Transportation News and wheelchair securement supplier Q’Straint/Sure-Lok and co-sponsored by ALC, BESI, Inc., IC Bus, REI and Ricon.
Sessions held throughout the day focused on foundations of special needs transportation, IDEA dispute resolution, adequate supervisor training for best driver performance, partnerships with the Human Resources department, preschool and Head Start, school bus operations outside of North America, and driver welness programs.
View the gallery below.
- Technology Concerns Stall Implementation of FMCSA Rule
- Fired Facebook Critic of ‘Horrible School Bus Drivers’ Wins Lawsuit & Job Back
- School Bus Aide Arrested When Video Shows Assault on Student
- Student Twice Abandoned on a Parked Philly School Bus
- Eaton Cummins Procision Transmission Has Better Performance, Lower Costs