View photos from the California Association of School Transportation Officials (CASTO) 50th annual state conference, held on March 24-26 in San Diego, California.
The keynote speakers were Dr. Cal LeMon, a prolific speaker, author and former STN EXPO presenter; and Gabe Adams, who was born without arms or legs, yet overcame the odds to become a successful motivational speaker.
Workshops provided expert training on lap-shoulder belt use, bullying, student behavior management, evacuation drills, responding to fatal wrecks, staying updated on legal requirements, social media use and more. Presidents, past-presidents, life members and honorary life members received recognition from the Conference Committee and Executive Board. The trade show was held on Saturday, with the winner of CASTO’s student poster contest, with the theme being “My School Bus, the Safest Form of Student Transportation!” was announced on Sunday.
“We are proud of the turnout of 571 attendees and 126 vendors who represented 47 companies,” said Program Chair Michael Sawyer.
CASTO’s 51st annual conference will be held in Anaheim, California, on April 13-15, 2019.
Image gallery provided by CASTO. See more photos here.
- School Bus on Field Trip Overturns on New Jersey Highway
- Fired Facebook Critic of ‘Horrible School Bus Drivers’ Wins Lawsuit & Job Back
- Atlanta School Bus Driver Fired for Texting & Driving
- $94M Funded for Electric, CNG School Buses in California
- Superior Energy VP Receives National Propane Gas Association Safety Award