The Minnesota School Bus Operators Association (MSBOA) awarded the 2018 Transportation Specialist Awards to five school bus drivers last month during the annual summer conference.
MSBOA said the drivers were nominated by their supervisors as persons who exemplify the best of the best in school transportation. The applications were judged by the Minnesota State Patrol’s Office of Pupil Transportation Safety on particular criteria. That included: years of service, dedication to safety, community service achievements, communication with school staff, and letters of recommendation from parents, co-workers, students and school staff.
The following people were recognized on June 11 during the conference’s 25th annual award ceremony held in Grand Rapids, Minnesota:
- David Dienst—Faribault Transportation Co, Inc., Faribault, MN
- Karen Fashant—M & M Bus Service, Annandale, MN
- Bruce Long—Palmer Bus Service, Waseca, MN
- Jennifer Morrow—Southwest Coaches, Marshall, MN
- Daniel Wiehle—Minneapolis & Suburban Company Inc., Minneapolis, MN
In addition to the award, a $1,000 check was awarded in each driver’s name to go toward a scholarship fund for deserving youth in the school district they serve.
The MSBOA was created in 1948 to focus efforts on school bus safety for its passengers in the state of Minnesota. More information on the organization is available at www.msboa.com
- AMF-Bruns Announces 1st Annual National Special-Needs School Bus Driver Of The Year Award
- 2018 NAPT National School Bus Safety Week Poster Winners
- Did a Reader Survey Foreshadow Recent School Bus Stop Deaths?
- Texas Association for Pupil Transportation President’s Message
- School Bus Industry Addresses Illegal Passing Deaths