The main goal of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act is to teach independence and life skills to special needs students. But student transporters often miss the boat by not appropriately or adequately training this student population on how to best use the school bus to learn life skills, including bus safety. By following the lead of special education teachers, student transporters can help students with special needs with hands-on practice and demonstrations in the environment where they are best equipped to learn: The classroom.
- Ohio School Bus Legend Sontag, Jr., Retiring in July
- NTSB Concludes Driver, District and Contractor Failures in Fatal School Bus Crashes
- Want to Be a Transportation Supervisor? The STN EXPO Can Help
- Lawyers Begin Circling N.J. Bus Crash, Comment on Liability
- N.J. Mourns Deaths of Student, Teacher in School Bus Crash