The main goal of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act is to teach independence and life skills to special needs students. But student transporters often miss the boat by not appropriately or adequately training this student population on how to best use the school bus to learn life skills, including bus safety. By following the lead of special education teachers, student transporters can help students with special needs with hands-on practice and demonstrations in the environment where they are best equipped to learn: The classroom.
- Overturned School Bus Injured 5 Passengers in Ellicott City
- Watch: School Districts, Bus Contractors Focus on Student Safety
- School Bus Safety Company, Inc. Supports National School Bus Safety Week
- Alleged Sexual Assault Reported on Kansas School Bus
- Charlotte School Bus Explosion Forces Students to Flee