The main goal of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act is to teach independence and life skills to special needs students. But student transporters often miss the boat by not appropriately or adequately training this student population on how to best use the school bus to learn life skills, including bus safety. By following the lead of special education teachers, student transporters can help students with special needs with hands-on practice and demonstrations in the environment where they are best equipped to learn: The classroom.
- First-Ever Hawaii School Bus Safety Week Honors Heroes
- NBC TODAY Tests IC Bus Stability Control, Collision Mitigation Technology
- Webinar Offers Keys for Proper Fiscal Management of Fleets
- TSD Conference Workshop Topics Now Online
- AMF-Bruns Announces 1st Annual National Special-Needs School Bus Driver Of The Year Award