The main goal of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act is to teach independence and life skills to special needs students. But student transporters often miss the boat by not appropriately or adequately training this student population on how to best use the school bus to learn life skills, including bus safety. By following the lead of special education teachers, student transporters can help students with special needs with hands-on practice and demonstrations in the environment where they are best equipped to learn: The classroom.
- Durham School Services Receives Visit from Kane County Officials
- Former Southwest Airlines CEO Putnam Added to STN EXPO Agenda
- Burns: Complying with Special-Ed Transportation Services Not for Faint of Heart
- High-Tech School Bus 'Study Hall' Helps South Carolina Students
- Limited Transportation Undermines School Choice in Denver