|ASBC Releases More About the Benefits of School Buses|
|Written by Janna Smeltzer|
WASHINGTON, D.C. — According to a press release sent out today by the American School Bus Council (ASBC), the 480,000 school buses currently on the road are saving the country 2.3 billion gallons of fuel annually, which works out to more than $8 billion.
"We encourage parents to take advantage of the school bus transportation system to not only safely transport their children to school, but also to help increase the positive economic impact that school buses have on individual families and communities," said Terry Thomas, president and CEO of Community Bus Services and a member of ASBC.
The announcement is part of the organization’s efforts to encourage parents to understand the benefits to having their kids "Get on the Bus."
Other statistics included:
The group also added a new online fuel calculator on its Web site that offers districts the ability to calculate the possible economic and environmental impact of school bus service.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 19 November 2009 12:00|
For months, Americans have seen images of Ebola patients in Africa on the news, but now there are two cases on our soil, one in Nebraska and one in Texas. The latter case is considered more troubling because last week the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and officials in Texas determined the ill person had direct contact with up to 80 people — including five schoolchildren.Read more
Though headlines have blared about violence on the yellow bus just weeks into the new school year, school officials affirm that anti-bullying programs are making a difference for students across the nation.Read more
Successful school bus district and contractor operations supervisors, safety supervisors and maintenance supervisors are heavily involved in setting specific targets for key performance indicators (KPIs) most closely tied to regulatory requirements, local work environment, fleet characteristics and driver performance.Read more
Recent Blog Posts
Most Popular This Month
- Brandon Billingsley of Heavy Duty Bus Parts Passes Away
- Update: 'Massive Heart Attack' Claims Life of NAPT President, Hall of Famer Don Carnahan
- New Data Issued on Homeless Students, School Budgets and Transportation
- Legal Expert Explains Court Ruling on Disabled Boy Injured in Bus Drill
- Rep. Braley Calls for House Hearings to Advance School Bus Safety Act
- Overcrowded School Buses Often Linked to Bus Driver Shortages
- Detroit Diesel Engines to Return to Thomas Built Buses in 2016
- Electric School Bus Converter Turns to ‘Crowdfunding’ to Raise More than $100K
- Micro Bird Plant Receives ISO Certification for Manufacturing Processes
- Zonar Offers Real-Time Driver Monitoring, Training App on 2020 Tablet