|ASBC Releases More About the Benefits of School Buses|
|Written by Janna Smeltzer|
WASHINGTON, D.C. — According to a press release sent out today by the American School Bus Council (ASBC), the 480,000 school buses currently on the road are saving the country 2.3 billion gallons of fuel annually, which works out to more than $8 billion.
"We encourage parents to take advantage of the school bus transportation system to not only safely transport their children to school, but also to help increase the positive economic impact that school buses have on individual families and communities," said Terry Thomas, president and CEO of Community Bus Services and a member of ASBC.
The announcement is part of the organization’s efforts to encourage parents to understand the benefits to having their kids "Get on the Bus."
Other statistics included:
The group also added a new online fuel calculator on its Web site that offers districts the ability to calculate the possible economic and environmental impact of school bus service.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 19 November 2009 12:00|
Successful school bus district and contractor operations supervisors, safety supervisors and maintenance supervisors are heavily involved in setting specific targets for key performance indicators (KPIs) most closely tied to regulatory requirements, local work environment, fleet characteristics and driver performance.Read more
Larry Hannon of Warminster, Pa., might just be the best school bus driver ever. He is the winner of a record eight National School Transportation Association (NSTA) International Safety Competitions, or “roadeos.”Read more
Santa Monica is world renowned for its beaches and the celebrities who frequent them. The city has long served as home to some of the most powerful players in Hollywood and is a world-class tourist destination. Yet, like other towns and counties across the U.S., it has its own challenges when it comes to transporting students to and from school.Read more
Recent Blog Posts
Most Popular This Month
- NASDPTS 2014 Stop-Arm Survey Tracks 76,000 Illegal Passing Incidents
- Don Collins, ‘Father of Small School Bus,’ Dies at Age 83
- Zonar, Transfinder Provide Key Tracking Tools for West Virginia School District
- Navistar Names Reed to Succeed Webb as VP, GM of IC Bus
- School Bus Lighting System Approved in Mississippi
- Former GM Executive Takes Engineering Reins for Thomas Built Buses
- McCallister Succeeds Hood as State Director of Florida Student Transportation
- Mobile County the First in Alabama to Launch Propane School Buses
- 15th National Congress on School Transportation to Focus on Innovations, Industry Story
- Two N.Y. School Bus Drivers Get Probation for Transporting Students While Drunk