The results of the report, recently added to the 38-year record on STNOnline.com, show five students from five states died in the boarding and alighting process. In reports for the two years prior, seven and 13 children were killed. As in years past, passing motorists proved to be a significant danger, with four of the students being fatally struck by vehicles other than the school bus.
In the last 38 years, 1,153 children have died while loading and unloading. According to the report, 67 percent of these were eight years old or younger.
- Extreme Weather and New Engines Drive Growing Demand for Steril-Koni SKYLIFT Wash Bay in Fleet Maintenance Shops
- Schools, Law Enforcement Respond to Student Gun Threats
- Shooting Creates Somber Mood at Florida School Bus Meeting
- W.V. District First in State to Implement School Bus App
- Former Cop Faces 49 Years in Prison for Fatal School Bus Hit-and-Run