The results of the report, recently added to the 38-year record on STNOnline.com, show five students from five states died in the boarding and alighting process. In reports for the two years prior, seven and 13 children were killed. As in years past, passing motorists proved to be a significant danger, with four of the students being fatally struck by vehicles other than the school bus.
In the last 38 years, 1,153 children have died while loading and unloading. According to the report, 67 percent of these were eight years old or younger.
- Police On School Buses Catch Distracted Drivers
- GO Riteway Participates in Wisconsin Operation Safe Stop Week
- Bond Reduced for School Bus Driver in Chattanooga Crash Case
- Rosco, Inc. and Rostra Precision Controls, Inc. Settle a Patent Infringement Action
- School Bus Driver Arrested with BAC Five Times the Legal Limit