School bus pre- and post-trip inspections will likely always require drivers to physically walk around the school bus, and rightly so. But technology from several manufacturers is promising to make the process easier and more reliable, increasing efficiency in the shop and ensuring safety for the safest way for students to get to and from school.
ON THE COVER
Maturation of School Bus Mobility
Connected technology options such as tablets, apps and Wi-Fi abound to provide the promise of to provide greater operational e ciency.
By the (Online) Book
Generational changes in technology are slowly but surely reshaping parts ordering and inventory processes in maintenance shops.
Trends: Roll in, Roll Out
Our readers weigh in on how they are purchasing school buses.
First Take by Ryan Gray
What the VW Settlement Means to You
Thought Leader by Robert T. Pudlewski
Improving Behavior Through Automation of Vehicle Systems
Publisher’s Corner by Tony Corpin
Changes Coming to School Funding?
- Calif. School District Faces Backlash Over Busing Cuts
- New Volvo Models First to Make Bendix Flagship Driver Assistance Technology Standard
- Mobile to Spike Telematics Market By 2022, Study Says
- U.S. Rep Calls for Federal School Bus Seat Belt Mandate
- TomTom and GPSi Offer New Connected Mobility Solution for School Bus and Motorcoach Operators