School bus pre- and post-trip inspections will likely always require drivers to physically walk around the school bus, and rightly so. But technology from several manufacturers is promising to make the process easier and more reliable, increasing efficiency in the shop and ensuring safety for the safest way for students to get to and from school.
ON THE COVER
Maturation of School Bus Mobility
Connected technology options such as tablets, apps and Wi-Fi abound to provide the promise of to provide greater operational e ciency.
By the (Online) Book
Generational changes in technology are slowly but surely reshaping parts ordering and inventory processes in maintenance shops.
Trends: Roll in, Roll Out
Our readers weigh in on how they are purchasing school buses.
First Take by Ryan Gray
What the VW Settlement Means to You
Thought Leader by Robert T. Pudlewski
Improving Behavior Through Automation of Vehicle Systems
Publisher’s Corner by Tony Corpin
Changes Coming to School Funding?
- Drunk Driver Kills Student and Injures 4 at School Bus Stop, Driver was Former Police Officer
- New York Operation Safe Stop Targets Illegal Bus Passers
- 6-year-old New Orleans Girl Found Wandering After Falling Asleep on School Bus
- It's Time to Start Thinking about Your Safety Competition
- Arkansas Girl Falls out of Moving Bus