MACON, Ga. — Blue Bird Corporation (NASDAQ: BLBD) announced yesterday the election of Connor Wentzell to its board of directors and as a member of its Compensation Committee, effective November 30, 2018.
Wentzell replaces Michael Sand on the board. Wentzell has served as VP at American Securities, LLC. since 2018. He joined American Securities in 2014 as an associate. Prior to joining American Securities, Wentzell worked at Evercore Partners from 2012 to 2014, where he focused on mergers and acquisitions and strategic advisory assignments.
Wentzell received an A.B. degree in economics from Harvard University and an MBA from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business. Wentzell was selected to serve on the board because of his knowledge of the company and his experience as an executive with private equity firms that invest in other manufacturing companies.
About Blue Bird Corporation
Blue Bird is the leading independent designer and manufacturer of school buses, with more than 550,000 buses sold since its formation in 1927 and approximately 180,000 buses in operation today. Blue Bird’s longevity and reputation in the school bus industry have made it an iconic American brand.
Latest from David George
- Christmas Parades Highlighted by Ornately Decorated School Buses
- Custom Colored Loose Wheel Nut Indicators Debut
- Province Imposes Big Fines, Driver’s License Suspension for Illegal School Bus Passing
- NAFTA Replacement Expected to Ease Tariff Concerns
- Study: Collision Warning, Automatic Braking Systems Prevent Crashes