Adrian, Mich. – For the fifth straight year, the First Student location in Adrian, Michigan, receives top marks for maintaining its buses to the highest standards. The location achieved a 100 percent pass rate on its annual fleet inspection by Michigan State Police, which has happened every year since 2012.
The inspection ensures all mechanical aspects and safety features are working properly on school buses in the state. Nearly 30 First Student buses transport more than 3,200 students of Adrian Public Schools each school day.
“Safety starts with a well-maintained bus,” said First Student Location Manager Jerry Helstowski. “Our team takes great pride in maintaining a fleet that continues to earn a perfect score on annual inspections. We recognize the importance of making sure students have a safe and reliable way to get to and from school.”
First Student maintenance standards are among the most stringent in the industry. Each of the company’s more than 47,000 buses follow a strict daily, monthly and annual vehicle maintenance program.
Every First Student driver also uses the latest technology to conduct a multi-point inspection at the beginning and end of each route. The company leverages the best practices, technologies and processes needed to help keep safe, rigorously-maintained buses on the road without interruption.
About First Student, Inc.
As the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America, First Student strives to provide the best start and finish to every school day. First Student completes six million student journeys each day, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly-trained drivers and the industry’s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services including full-service transportation and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization and scheduling, and charter services for 1,200 school district contracts. For more information, please visit firststudentinc.com.
- NHTSA Close to Studying Effect of Seat Belts on Student Behavior
- International Truck and IC Bus Showcase Advanced Technologies at Green Transportation Summit & Expo
- Learning from Israel's Experiences with Bus Terrorism
- Thomas Built Buses Executive Honored for Leadership
- India Bus Plunges Into Gorge, Kills 23 Students
Latest from Gabriela Mungarro
- Tiny Smart Earbud Provides Life Saving Alerts
- ADOMANI Makes Further Progress to Become First to List on NASDAQ through Equity Crowdfunding
- Cummins Guidanz Mobile App Improves Customer Uptime
- Wheelchair Mobility: How Far Has It Progressed?
- Blue Bird to Offer School Buses with Allison Transmission's FuelSense 2.0