Warrenville, Ill – Durham School Services—a leading provider in student transportation—has expanded its operations in the New England area, being selected to serve North Providence Public Schools.
The contract begins July 1 with summer service, and the agreement calls for 23 buses transporting students from the district’s nine schools.
“We’re looking forward to providing the safest, highest-quality transportation for our North Providence students,” said Gerry Cameron, regional manager for Durham. “Our team is already making preparations to ensure a smooth transition and safe operations for this summer.”
Celebrating its centennial year, Durham transports more than 1 million students across the U.S. every day. “We are pleased to continue our long-standing history in student transportation by serving the families of North Providence,” Cameron added.
Durham is a national company rooted locally, with its team members part of the communities where they live and work. The North Providence operations will employ more than 20 people. Hiring efforts are underway for drivers, with positions still available. In addition to North Providence, Durham operates in Cumberland, RI.
Latest from Gabriela Mungarro
- Tiny Smart Earbud Provides Life Saving Alerts
- ADOMANI Makes Further Progress to Become First to List on NASDAQ through Equity Crowdfunding
- Cummins Guidanz Mobile App Improves Customer Uptime
- Wheelchair Mobility: How Far Has It Progressed?
- Blue Bird to Offer School Buses with Allison Transmission's FuelSense 2.0