LISLE, Ill., April 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) today announced that Phil Christman has been promoted to President, Operations, effective immediately. His scope of responsibilities will include procurement, product development, manufacturing and supply chain. He will report to Persio Lisboa, Navistar's chief operating officer.
"Over the past two years, Phil has done an outstanding job of helping Navistar complete its turnaround and plan for the future, most recently developing our long-term growth strategy focused on driving operational excellence, growing the core business and building new sources of revenue," said Lisboa. "Phil has the knowledge, operational experience and passion to help us further strengthen our operations."
Christman has been with Navistar for nearly 30 years. During this time, he has held leadership roles in engineering, led Navistar's severe service and global businesses, ran the company's procurement and supply chain functions, and most recently, served as senior vice president, Joint Strategic Operations & Planning. In that role, he led benchmarking initiatives focused on making the company more competitive and played a vital role in developing the strategy that led to Navistar's alliance with Volkswagen Truck & Bus.
Christman holds a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from Indiana Institute of Technology and a master's in business administration from Ball State University.
Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates produce International®brand commercial and military trucks, proprietary diesel engines, and IC Bus™ brand school and commercial buses. An affiliate also provides truck and diesel engine service parts. Another affiliate offers financing services. Additional information is available atwww.Navistar.com.
- Bus Parts Warehouse Announces Bruce as New President, CEO
- Daimler Trucks North America Announces New Executive Appointments to Operating Committee
- Blue Bird Announces New Allison Transmission FuelSense 2.0
- American Lift Manufacturer Rotary Lift Supports President Trump's Buy American Order
- Jeffrey A. Dokho Appointed to Navistar Board of Directors
Latest from Gabriela Mungarro
- Tiny Smart Earbud Provides Life Saving Alerts
- ADOMANI Makes Further Progress to Become First to List on NASDAQ through Equity Crowdfunding
- Cummins Guidanz Mobile App Improves Customer Uptime
- Wheelchair Mobility: How Far Has It Progressed?
- Blue Bird to Offer School Buses with Allison Transmission's FuelSense 2.0