KANKAKEE, Il.- Midwest Transit Equipment, a 41 year old school and commercial bus distributor corporately located in Kankakee, IL, announced it has sold the stock of its company to John McKinney, former President of Navistar’s Global Bus division and an investment group led by Brightwater Partners of Wheaton, IL.
The company will remain as Midwest Transit Equipment and the former principal owners, Jim Bridgewater Jr. and Barry Huebner, will remain intimately involved in the day to day operations of the business for the foreseeable future to insure a smooth transition to the new ownership.
Midwest Transit Equipment (MTE) is one the largest bus distributors in the United States with operating locations in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas and Missouri. The company is the largest distributor for IC Bus, a subsidiary of Navistar , as well as Collins School Bus, Starcraft School and Commercial Bus, Eldorado Bus, Elkhart Coach, Braun Corporation, Berkshire Coach and MV1. Trish Reed, Vice-President & General Manager for Navistar’s IC Bus division said, “ IC Bus is extremely excited that a group led by John McKinney is ensuring strong leadership continuity with a critical component of our distribution network. We are further excited that Barry Huebner and Jim Bridgewater Jr. will stay very much involved with the operation of the company resulting in what we believe will be a formidable leadership team.”
John McKinney stated “I have known Barry and Jim for years and feel honored and humbled that they have provided me with the opportunity to work alongside of them and build on the legacy of trusted partnerships that first Jim Bridgewater Sr. and then Barry and Jim have carefully developed over the years.”
For more information on Midwest Transit Equipment please go to www.midwesttransit.com.
- The Role of the School Bus in Disaster Operations
- School Bus Contractor STI Posts 6-Percent Growth for FY2017
- Good Samaritan School Bus Driver Learns Limits of Kindness
- Small Texas District Lends Hand to Students Displaced By Harvey
- Capital Conundrum: How Do You Afford New School Buses in Times of Austerity?
Latest from Nathan Tuvalu
- Rosco, Inc. and Rostra Precision Controls, Inc. Settle a Patent Infringement Action
- Bendix News Remanufacturing: Confusion, Clarification and Certification
- Navistar's Troy Clarke Testifies on Behalf of Trucking Industry at Senate Committee Hearing
- Suspended School Bus Routes Restored on Maui
- Education Minister Takes Action on Ontario's Bus Driver Shortage