HUDSON, Ohio--The mobility industry has been challenged to find securement systems flexible in accommodating both wheelchair and non-wheelchair passengers. The solution: AMF-Bruns’ Hide-A-Way – the industry’s only wheelchair securement system with retractors fully-integrated into the floor – freeing up valuable floor space and increasing passenger capacity.
The Hide-A-Way allows drivers to mix and match passenger wheelchairs with non-wheelchair seats in a blink of an eye! Passengers seats, which fold up, can be installed directly over the restraints.
Features and benefits:
▪ Maximizes floor space.
▪ Fits transit, para-transit and mobility vehicles.
▪ Foot-activates, making it easy to use – eliminating guesswork.
▪ Uses self-locking and self-tensioning retractors.
- Accommodates both wheelchair and non-wheelchair passengers.
- Offers the lowest profile -- no obstructions.
- Meets the following requirements: ISO 10542; SAE J2249; FMVSS 209,302,210,222; CMVSS 209; CSA Z605; AS 2596; ADA.
“The Hide-A-Way makes the best use of floor space and fits cutaway vehicles as well as large transit buses,” says Steve Barker, Sales Manager at AMF-Bruns of America. “Being able to board both wheelchair and non-wheelchair passengers makes this securement extremely cost-effective.”
AMF-Bruns provides wheelchair securement products, occupant restraint systems and associated equipment. In the 1970’s they developed the first wheelchair safety system and invented the world’s first 4-point retractor wheelchair anchoring system. Founded in Germany in 1958, the U.S. distribution facility opened in 2013.
For more information, contact Steve Barker, AMF Bruns of America sales manager, at 478-508-3933 or go to www.amfbrunsamerica.com.
AMF-Bruns of America is a global market leader in the field of vehicle technology for the wheelchair passenger. Our company expertly combines state-of-the-art technology with skills accumulated from nearly 60 years’ experience in the mobility industry. We manufacture wheelchair securement products, occupied restraint systems and associated equipment for the safe transportation of people with limited mobility. We developed the first wheelchair safety system and invented the world’s first 4-point retractor wheelchair anchoring system. Today we service customers in more than 50 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Australia and Asia. For more information visit www.amfbrunsamerica.com.
Latest from Nathan Tuvalu
- Safe Fleet Partner, Be Strong, to Host National Screening of New Bullying Prevention Documentary
- U.S. Education Department Warns of Potential School Hacking
- Tyler Technologies Launches Traversa Ride 360 Application
- ALI Moves into Larger Headquarters and Opens LiftLab
- 25 Million Reasons Bendix Keeps Working to Make School Buses Safer