Harrisburg, Pa.--Across Pennsylvania, students are returning to class which means the roads become a little more crowded. This school year, over 1.5 million children will be transported over 400,000 miles in those familiar black and yellow school buses. The Pennsylvania School Bus Association is asking motorists to please pay extra attention as school buses ride their daily routes.
“Allow children to be safe by ensuring you, as a Pennsylvania motorist, stop for school buses boarding children. Failing to do so jeopardizes much more than just your privilege to drive in the Commonwealth.” said Fred Bennett, PSBA President and owner of Fishing Creek Transportation.
Mike Berk, PSBA Executive Director added, “School buses continue to be the safest mode of transporting students to and from school. PSBA salutes the over 45,000 licensed school bus drivers and their operators in our state for their commitment and dedication to our children. We wish everyone a safe and successful school year.”
About our Company
- Howard Bus Services Takes First Delivery Of IC Bus® Gasoline School Buses
- Convicted Chattanooga School Bus Driver Charged With Statutory Rape
- N. California Grand Jury Calls for New School Bus Program
- Propane School Bus Registrations Jumped 700 Percent
- Fired Facebook Critic of ‘Horrible School Bus Drivers’ Wins Lawsuit & Job Back
Latest from Nathan Tuvalu
- New York State School Bus Safety Legislation Advances
- Educational Bus Transportation Driver Vicky Jarvis Named ‘Nassau NYAPT Driver of the Year’
- June 2018
- Tyler Technologies’ Student Transportation Solutions Selected for Cooperative Purchasing in Arizona
- DTNA Expands Supply Chain Network with New Parts Distribution Center