NOVI, Mich.-- Prestolite Electric has launched the AVi168, a new 24V, 150-amp alternator from Leece-Neville® Heavy Duty Systems, designed to offer consistent, high-output power and superior resistance to extreme temperatures, thanks to its dual internal fan design.
At a weight of only 29 pounds and offering at least 40 more amps at engine idle over other models, the AVi168 drop-in replacement alternator offers the best power-to-weight ratio in its class. Also available from Prestolite is the AVi168W, a battery-less variation that is ideal for use in air conditioning, construction and certain agriculture applications, such as harvesters, sprayers, seed drills and turf care.
“Our new AVi168 alternator is engineered to thrive in the most demanding heavy duty environments and applications, offering superior durability, high-temperature resistance and consistent output,” said Jonathan Smith, assistant director of aftermarket sales and marketing, Prestolite. “In addition, our battery-less version of this powerful new alternator is a perfect solution for bus air conditioning systems and similar climate control applications that require extreme power at low speeds.”
Each 100-percent new AVi168 alternator features technology designed to increase vehicle uptime, facilitating reduced operating and maintenance costs for fleet operators. For the AVi168W battery-less version, the addition of a DR-03 capacitor is recommended.
100-Percent New Leece-Neville AVi168 Alternators – 24V, 150-amp output
- Extreme power at low engine speeds
- J-Mount and Pad Mount configurations
- Rate maximum 10,500 RPMs
- Vented internal design
- Severe-duty bearings
- Rated to 125°C
About Prestolite Electric, Inc.
The Prestolite and Leece-Neville product line includes high-output alternators and gear reduction starter motors for on- and off-highway trucks, military applications, mining vehicles, school and city buses, motor coaches and other uses. The company has received certificates of registration to the ISO/TS 16949:2009 Quality Management and ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management systems.
Prestolite is a division of Broad-Ocean Motors, a global supplier of high-tech, high-quality motors, alternators, and starters to multiple markets, including appliance, air handling and commercial transportation.
- Calif. County Grand Jury Calls for New School Bus Program
- Bendix Taps Sister Company for New President and CEO
- Free Webinar: How Propane School Buses Stretch Tight Budgets
- Superior Energy VP Receives National Propane Gas Association Safety Award
- JVCKENWOOD Announces Nationwide NEXEDGE® System Interactive Map
Latest from Nathan Tuvalu
- New York State School Bus Safety Legislation Advances
- Educational Bus Transportation Driver Vicky Jarvis Named ‘Nassau NYAPT Driver of the Year’
- June 2018
- Tyler Technologies’ Student Transportation Solutions Selected for Cooperative Purchasing in Arizona
- DTNA Expands Supply Chain Network with New Parts Distribution Center