Virginia’s Bus Company has announced expansion into the Greater Richmond market with plans to open a new sales and service center in Hanover County this summer.
Sonny Merryman Inc. is the state’s largest and most experienced bus dealer. The company provides buses and vehicles across numerous transportation sectors including education, mass and community transit, health care, senior living, churches, charter/limousine, youth development, child care, and more. Headquartered in Central Virginia near Lynchburg, the company also operates sales and service centers in Hampton Roads (Chesapeake) and Northern Virginia (Manassas).
The new Richmond area facility will be located in the Hanover Airpark near the I-95/ I-295 interchange in Ashland. “Expansion into the Richmond area is only natural for our company," says Sonny Merryman Inc. President & CEO, Floyd Merryman, III. “We have been fortunate to build and maintain a strong and loyal customer base in Richmond for many years. We are delighted we can now reward that loyalty with convenient local customer support." In addition to strengthening existing business relationships, the company’s presence in the Richmond market is expected to attract new opportunities.
The company will initially hire eight to ten new employees with intent to add to the workforce as business demands increase. Currently, the company, which recently celebrated their fiftieth anniversary, employs more than 140 people statewide.
Latest from Nathan Tuvalu
- Zonar and the NAPT Showcase Commitment to Pupil Safety with the 2018 Don Carnahan Grant
- Mahle Service Solutions Introduces New ShopPRO Commercial Wireless Mobile Column Lifts
- SoundOff Announces Bill Wakefield as New Vice President and General Manager
- SafeGuard BTI Now Available
- Navistar Unveils Uptime-Centric Vision for Growing ReNEWed(R) Reman Brand; Expands Fleetrite(R) Private Label Parts Brand