NOVI, Mich. — Prestolite Electric is delivering industry-leading starting performance to the medium duty market with the PowerPro Extreme 5, an all-new 12V 4.5kW premium replacement starter from Leece-Neville Heavy Duty Systems. The latest addition to the PowerPro Extreme range offers high-torque, high-efficiency starting power for 6- to 10-liter engines used in construction, fire and rescue, pickup and delivery, refuse and school bus applications.
All PowerPro Extreme starter motors are engineered to provide consistent, reliable starting performance under the most demanding conditions. Featuring a planetary gear reduction design, the PowerPro Extreme 5 is available in both 10- and 12-tooth versions. The motor provides a premium replacement alternative for many popular engines, including Cummins ISB, ISC and ISL; International DT466E and DT570E; and MaxxForce DT, 9 and 10 models.
“Our new PowerPro Extreme 5 starter is designed to provide medium duty vehicle operators with reliable, high-output power in a lightweight, value-driven package,” said Jonathan Smith, assistant director of aftermarket sales and marketing for Prestolite Electric. “Extensive testing with many of the industry’s premiere truck and engine manufacturers has shown the PowerPro Extreme 5 to crank faster than competitive models, while also requiring lower electrical current.”
The PowerPro Extreme 5 is engineered to meet major OE specifications. It delivers exceptional performance, durability and built-in technologies that improve service life, reduce maintenance costs and increase vehicle uptime.
PowerPro Extreme 5 12V 4.5kW Starter
- Industry-leading performance in medium duty engines
- Sealed, nose-less design protects against dust, oil and other contaminants
- Planetary gear reduction design
- Integral Magnetic Switch technology eliminates voltage drop
- Soft start relay technology prevents ring gear damage
- Weighs 21.5 pounds (9.8 kg)
- All-new, no-core
About Prestolite Electric, Inc.
The Prestolite and Leece-Neville product line includes high-output alternators and gear reduction starter motors for on- and off-highway trucks, military applications, mining vehicles, school and city buses, motor coaches and other uses. The company has received certificates of registration to the ISO/TS 16949:2009 Quality Management and ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management systems. Prestolite is a division of Broad-Ocean Motors, a global supplier of high-tech, high-quality motors, alternators and starters to multiple markets, including appliance, air handling and commercial transportation.
- Blue Bird Corp. Preliminary Results on Successful Tender Offer
- New Rotary Lift Heavy-Duty Two-Post Lifts have Greater Capacity
- Educational Bus Transportation Sponsors N.Y. Friends of the Poor Walk/Run
- Sheehan Appointed to Navistar Board; Ninivaggi Replaced
- Bendix to Acquire ProSteering, Remanufacturer of Commercial Steering Components