COSTA MESA, Calif. — Agility Fuel Solutions, a clean fuel solutions provider for medium- and heavy-duty commercial vehicles, announced today that it has received California Air Resources Board (CARB) certifications for its first natural gas-powered engine.
The Agility 366NGTM, a General Motors 6.0L engine with an Agility natural gas fuel system, was certified to meet the CARB Optional Low NOx Emissions Standards and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards. Agility also received CARB Heavy-Duty On-Board Diagnostics (HD-OBD) certification, with full compliance.
The certified engine is now suited for school bus, walk-in van, cutaway chassis, cabover, terminal tractor, and medium-duty work truck applications in all 50 states, company officials said. It is available to vehicle OEMs as a stand-alone engine, or as a fuel system only. The certified engine also can be combined with Agility’s compressed natural gas storage solutions, which result in a complete end-to-end natural gas solution for Class 4-6 medium-duty vehicles.
“This certification demonstrates Agility’s capabilities to meet newer, more stringent engine certification requirements, including HD-OBD,” said Brad Garner, Agility’s president of powertrain systems. “In addition, because this engine is certified to the Optional Low NOx standard, fleets using this engine will qualify for a higher level of grant funding and rebates.”
About Agility Fuel Solutions
Agility Fuel Solutions is a leading global provider of clean fuel solutions for medium- and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. Its products include natural gas, hydrogen, battery electric energy storage, delivery systems, Type 4 composite natural gas cylinders, propane and natural gas fuel systems, and propane dispensers. Agility has solutions for many vehicle types, including Class 8 trucks, refuse trucks, transit buses, school buses, concrete mixers and delivery trucks. Agility has been manufacturing and servicing safe and reliable clean fuel solutions for commercial vehicle fleets and OEMs for more than 20 years, collectively logging billions of miles on the road per year.
- Detroit Diesel Remanufacturing & Bosh Celebrate 10-Year Anniversary of North America Fuel Systems Remanufacturing
- Lion Electric Names Voisard as Dir. of Sales
- Township H.S. District 211 Adds Propane Buses
- EPA Extends Clean Diesel Tribal Grant Applications Timeline
- ROUSH CleanTech Debuts First Propane Autogas Engine 90 Percent Cleaner
Latest from David George
- Post-Tropical Cyclone Olivia Causes Landslides on Hawaiian Islands
- Blue Bird Tender Offer to Buy up to $50 Million of its Capital Stock at $28
- Hurricane Florence: High Winds & Falling Trees Kill 2 in North Carolina
- U.S. is Now the No. 1 Crude Oil Producer in the World
- Calif. State Legislature OKs Bill to Start School Later