National School Transportation Association President Magda Dimmendaal announced that Executive Director David Hobson has left the organization. A replacement is being sought.
Hobson's final day was Wednesday. He was NSTA's first executive director since Jeff Kulick resigned in 2004.
Dimmendaal thanked Hobson for leading the association's membership drive over the past year as well as guiding the organization's cash flow management and staff development. Prior to joining NSTA on Feb. 1, 2011, he was president and CEO of the Uniform and Textile Service Association (UTSA).
"David was a great mentor to our staff, and we are very happy with David's work on our behalf. We wish him only the best in his future endeavors," Dimmendaal told School Transportation News.
Meanwhile, NSTA is looking for Hobson's replacement. Dimmendaal said all association inquiries are being redirected to NSTA staff at its Alexandria, Va., office. Dimmendaal added she will directly handle all NSTA Board-related issues.
- Chestnut Ridge Transportation Receives Good Samaritan Hospital Medal of Honor
- Mark Hernandez Named Navistar Senior VP of Global Manufacturing
- It’s the Little Things: The School Bus Driver Hairstylist
- Mom-Created “HopSkipDrive’ to Bring Transportation Solution For Busy Metro Families
- Devin Leahey Joins Stertil-Koni as Warehouse Associate