John Walsh’s first day on the job Monday overseeing all bus brands for Allied Specialty Vehicles included something familiar and yellow as well as green — Collins Bus and its alternative-fuel offerings.
The former president and CEO of dealer National Bus Sales & Leasing in Marietta, Georgia, which dealt with Collins during his tenure, now oversees the brand along with commercial bus lines Champion Bus, El Dorado, Federal Coach, Goshen Coach and Krystal for ASV, the company announced Monday.
Walsh will report to Kent Tyler, president of ASV Bus & Mobility Group and a past president and CEO of Collins Bus Corporation.
“I’m thrilled to have John Walsh on board to lead our bus sales team. John has more than 20 years of sales management experience in the bus industry under his belt and knows how to work effectively with dealers and customers,” added Tyler. “He is knowledgeable about our products, understands our sales goals and will put in a tireless effort to elevate our brands and grow our business.”
An ASV spokesman added that Matt Scheuler continues as president of Collins Bus and reporting to Tyler.
Meanwhile, Walsh most recently was vice president of marketing and sales for Mobility Ventures LLC. Before that, he served in the same role for ARBOC specialty vehicles. But his interest in school buses never wavered, especially Collins Type As.
“I was a Collins Bus dealer when I was at National Bus Sales, so I am very familiar with the brand,” he told STN. “Collins has a great reputation for manufacturing high quality Type A school buses. I’m looking forward to applying my knowledge and experience as a dealer to help grow the business and sales at Collins."
His appointment comes on the heels of ASV’s new partnership with CleanFUEL USA and Westport for propane school and commercial bus applications.
“I am very familiar with alternative fuels. When I was at National Bus Sales, we were the first dealer in the state of Texas to sell a paratransit commercial bus with a propane conversion package,” he explained. “ I have experience working with CleanFUEL USA and Westport, ASV’s propane and CNG alternative fuel systems partners, and am looking forward to continuing these relationships."
- DTNA Expands Supply Chain Network with New Parts Distribution Center
- The Lion Electric Co. Provides 13 Quiet/Clean Buses for Canada’s Largest Electric School Bus Deployment
- Blue Bird Electric School Buses Showcased at Canadian Pupil Transportation Conference
- IC Bus Dealer Midwest Transit Equipment Adds to Portfolio
- Cummins, JAC Motors Form Joint Venture Partnership
Latest from Ryan Gray
- Hurricane Season Looms But May Not Be as Bad as 2017
- NSTA Capitol Hill Testimony Reiterates FAST Act Importance
- Want to Be a Transportation Supervisor? The STN EXPO Can Help
- ‘School Bus Driver’ Inadequately Describes Responsibilities, Says NASDPTS
- Alabama Student Honored for Stopping Drunk School Bus Driver