How clean is today's clean diesel fuel? Donaldson Filtration Solutions and Hydrotex Lube say you'd be surprised. Addressing the quality and cleanliness of diesel is the two companies aim, as they announced an enhanced fuel management system to eliminate performance inconsistencies in horsepower, cold-weather starts and fuel efficiency.
Hydrotex is supplying Donaldson fuel filters and desiccant breathers in addition to integrating fuel improvers, the company's patented Diesel Dialysis treatment and diesel fuel quality testing and mapping. The goal is to ensure a cleanliness standard that meets ISO 14/13/11, the target rating for diesel fuel that Donaldson explained is more than 200 times cleaner than the standard level of cleanliness of typical bulk fuel delivery. The company added that equipment operators can expect increases in vehicle and equipment reliability while fleet operators could realize reduced maintenance costs tied to fuel injectors and filters.
“Diesel fuel quality varies dramatically, which is inconsistent with the needs of modern diesel injectors and engines,” said John Beasley, Hydrotex's chief executive officer. “Clean Diesel will help customers protect their fleet and fuel investment from this inconsistency and prevent a reduction in horsepower and fuel efficiency at the same time.”
Hydrotex also created an exclusive online Diesel Fuel Quality interactive reporting system that provides greater visibility and analytical functionality. Fuel samples undergo eight screening tests and results are emailed to users and posted into a proprietary online reporting system, where current test results can be compared against previous samples from the same tank.
Findings can also be displayed in graphical and geographical formats and exported for use in presentations or electronic sharing, the companies added.
Editor's note: A previous version of this article incorrectly referred to John Beasley's role. STN regrets this error.
- International Truck and IC Bus Showcase Advanced Technologies at Green Transportation Summit & Expo
- ACT EXPO Roundtable to Focus on School Bus Replacements
- Navistar: On Schedule with Benefits from Volkswagen Alliance
- Midwest Bus Sales Oklahoma and Illinois Achieve Platinum Support Status
- Blue Bird Sells Its 2,500th Gasoline-Powered School Bus
Latest from Ryan Gray
- Parents of Girl Killed in Iowa School Bus Fire Sue District
- NHTSA Close to Studying Effect of Seat Belts on Student Behavior
- N.Y. School District Named Transfinder Ambassador of Year
- Video Shows Teacher Dragging Student Off School Bus By Legs
- Volkswagen Truck & Bus Acquisition of Navistar 'Possible'