Last year proved to be a good one for Transfinder, which reported a record increase in revenue and also expanded globally, opening a location in Shanghai.
The company’s total revenue for 2015 was $11.6 million, up 12 percent from $10.4 in 2014.
“2015 was our best year,” said President and CEO Antonio Civitella. “Not many companies can say they have a subsidiary in China. We’re going to be doing great things in China that other companies cannot do.”
Civitella added during the company’s annual address that he expects the to open additional locations, both domestically and abroad. Tony Chen, who leads the Shanghai office, was in attendance at the address. The meeting was also streamed live for the location in Austin.
According to the company, other highlights from 2015 include:
- 168 new clients
- Transfinder entered the municipality market, providing routing software for the City of Schenectady to manage things like snow plowing and garbage collection;
- Released three new products (Viewfinder, API, Selfiefinder);
- Record attendance at its Annual Client Summit, which was held in Austin in May, with more than 250 attendees, up from last year’s recording-breaking 210 who attended in Albany, New York;
- The New York BizLab, a technology accelerator founded by Civitella to build a tech community in Schenectady, is nearly 75 percent filled with growing, cutting edge companies.
According to the company, another important source of revenue is Transfinder University, a three-day in-house training seminar for transportation professionals.
Civitella said that although 2015 was an important year in terms of milestones, 2016 was starting with a bang, adding that he sees a day when the Schenectady location office will be open at all hours.
“Can’t you see it? This building is going to be open 24 hours a day,” he said.
- Liberty County School System Launches Transportation Notification Systems
- Bryson Sales and Service of Washington Inc. Announce New Vice President
- REV Group Reports First-Quarter Results, Full-Year Guidance
- Navistar Reiterates Annual Guidance with Q1 Results
- VW Truck & Bus Closes $256M Equity Investment in Navistar