Daimler Trucks North America opened its ninth Parts Distribution Center in Dallas recently to more efficiently service dealers and customers from its central location, a company spokesman said.
In a statement, the company said the new 275,000 square-foot Dallas facility “is a critical strategic component that will allow customers to receive stock and mission critical parts in record time.” It also has the goal of setting the industry standard for parts availability.
“We are excited about this new PDC, which is much more than just a building. It’s part of our strategy to get closer to our customers,” added Jay Johnson, general manager of supply chain. “DTNA is focused on continuous improvement and innovation.”
All PDCs service Thomas Built Buses customers as well as those of Alliance Truck Parts, Detroit, Freightliner, Freightliner Custom Chassis, and Western Star.
Dan Stevens, chief operations officer and partner of Freightliner and Western Star dealer Lonestar Truck Group in Texas, said the Dallas PDC has already improved customer satisfaction tied to improved fill rates.
“Technician morale and efficiency has improved, as well,” he added.
Rick Shearing, the president of Premier Truck Group with 13 locations across Texas and Oklahoma, said lead-time on parts has already been reduced by two days.
“This reduction will help us improve customer uptime as we continue to increase our dealership throughput,” he explained.
DTNA also operates PDCs in Atlanta, Swedesboro, New Jersey; Calgary; Canton, Ohio; Chicago Memphis, Tennessee; and Reno, Nevada. A 10th PDC operates out of San Luis Potosi, Mexico, about 250 miles north of Mexico City.
- Fleet Financing Resources Joins Marlin Business Solutions
- Blue Bird Tender Offer to Buy up to $50 Million of its Capital Stock at $28
- Detroit Diesel Remanufacturing & Bosh Celebrate 10-Year Anniversary of North America Fuel Systems Remanufacturing
- U.S. is Now the No. 1 Crude Oil Producer in the World
- IC Bus Finishes 11th Year of Tech Training
Latest from Ryan Gray
- California Governor Vetoes Bill to Delay School Start Times
- Pa. School Bus Driver Killed in Crash Remembered for ‘Huge Heart’
- School Bus Child Passenger Safety Training at TSD Conference
- How Will New FMCSA Diabetes Rule Affect School Bus Drivers?
- Video Exonerates School Bus Driver Accused by Students