The National Association of State Directors of Pupil Transportation Services (NASDPTS) announced the recent resignation of Nikki Hughes as its administrative and membership services representative. Hughes was appointed to the position in last October.
NASDPTS released a statement thanking Hughes “for her years of dedicated service in student transportation at the state and local levels, and for her service to the association, its members and the others we serve.”
Hughes is the retired director of school transportation services for San Juan Unified School District in Carmichael, California and is a past president of the California Association of School Transportation Officials. She currently also serves as president of the board of directors for the Pupil Transportation Safety Institute.
In its search for Hughes' replacement, NASDPTS said it is also extending an open call to interested parties in providing administrative and membership services, directing potential applicants to the its website.
The application process closes March 1. Interviews to fill Hughes' vacancy are scheduled for March 14, in Louisville, Kentucky, during the TSD Conference produced by School Transportation News.
- Meet the 2017 STN Garage Star Nominees
- NSTA Hall of Fame Induction Highlights Annual Awards
- New York's Robinson Wins Grandolfo Award at STN EXPO
- International School Bus Driver Roadeo Winners Announced
- NSTA to Hold Annual School Bus Driver International Safety Competition at Hamilton Southeastern Schools