The Department of Labor announced that it has further modified its Final Rule for requiring employers to gauge whether or not a worker meets the stipulations of overtime pay.
Effective Dec. 1, 2016, the new mandate increases the salary threshold of eligibility of overtime pay from $455 per week to $913 per week. This equates to $47,476 per year.
According to the Department of Labor, the alteration also specifies that the salary threshold automatically updates every three years, based on wage growth.
- Dallas School Bus Agency Gets Lifeline via Loan
- New Volvo Models First to Make Bendix Flagship Driver Assistance Technology Standard
- U.S. Rep Calls for Federal School Bus Seat Belt Mandate
- STN EXPO Attendees Learn Filter for Behavior Change on Bus
- International School Bus Driver Roadeo Winners Announced