The National Transportation Safety Board released a video of its annual list of critical changes the federal agency has deemed necessary to reduce transportation accidents and save lives.
The Most Wanted List represents the NTSB’s advocacy priorities to improve safety in road, rail and air transportation. The agency hopes the video will increase awareness of these issues and support for putting them into action.
More than half the points on the 10-item list can specifically pertain to student transportation, like requiring medical fitness for drivers; strengthening occupant protections; increasing the implementation of collision avoidance technologies; and expanding recorder use.
“There is a role for everyone in improving transportation safety,” the NTSB said in the Most Wanted List video uploaded to YouTube. “Together, we can save lives.”
The video urges lawmakers and industry representatives to take action, and encourages “every American to learn more and take personal responsibility for safe driving and vehicle operation.”
- School Bus, Train Collision Kills 4 Children in South France
- NTSB On Scene at Site of Fatal Iowa School Bus Crash
- Family and Friends Mourn Georgia Preschooler Killed on School Bus
- Local, Federal Investigators Look Into Fatal Iowa School Bus Fire
- Recalling 35 ‘Rewarding’ Years as School Bus Driver, Trainer