It’s business as usual, according to Auto Safety House (ASH), after W.W. Williams acquired the Arizona school bus dealer for Thomas Built Buses.
W.W. Williams is a national provider of mechanical repair services and products for commercial trucks, diesel power generators, warehousing, inventory management and logistics services. The company, along with majority shareholder One Equity Partners, announced the acquisition on Friday. No financial terms were disclosed.
“ASH provided an excellent opportunity to expand W.W. Williams’ relationships with key OEMs in the Southwest, add expertise in retail parts, and bring traditionally outsourced fleet maintenance and repair work in-house,” said Matt Hughes, director at One Equity Partners. “The complementary offerings make this a perfect addition.”
Since 1941, ASH has been one of the largest commercial vehicle parts suppliers and installation centers in Arizona. W.W. Williams started in 1912 in Columbus, Ohio, and has grown to become one of the nation’s leading sales and service networks of industrial power products.
“ASH and W.W. Williams share many qualities, including culture, a dedication to highly professional service, and strong relationships with our customers,” said John Simmons, chief executive officer of W.W. Williams. “This transaction significantly expands our market share, geographic presence, sales volume, end-to-end specialty service maintenance and repair offerings; and it enhances our ‘bumper to bumper’ customer relationships.”
ASH CEO Mike Iben said he will continue to manage the company, while also assuming “additional responsibilities."
“We believe joining W.W. Williams will further enhance our core competencies, including service offerings, sourcing capabilities, and together creates an opportunity to expand the Company’s up-fitting capabilities on a regional and national basis,” he added.
- DTNA Expands Supply Chain Network with New Parts Distribution Center
- The Lion Electric Co. Provides 13 Quiet/Clean Buses for Canada’s Largest Electric School Bus Deployment
- Maine Vandals Slash School Bus Tires, Classes Canceled
- Blue Bird Electric School Buses Showcased at Canadian Pupil Transportation Conference
- IC Bus Dealer Midwest Transit Equipment Adds to Portfolio
Latest from Ryan Gray
- Hurricane Season Looms But May Not Be as Bad as 2017
- NSTA Capitol Hill Testimony Reiterates FAST Act Importance
- Want to Be a Transportation Supervisor? The STN EXPO Can Help
- ‘School Bus Driver’ Inadequately Describes Responsibilities, Says NASDPTS
- Alabama Student Honored for Stopping Drunk School Bus Driver