The National School Transportation Association is now accepting nominations for its Annual Meeting & Convention this summer in Indianapolis, Ind. on July 15-19, 2017.
The annual awards hold eight opportunities in which nominees may win awards, grants and certifications for individuals and staff as well as NSTA member operators, drivers and industry leaders.
- The Hall of Fame award recognizes the excellence of long-term efforts
- The Distinguished Service Award recognized special contributions made to pupil transportation contracting.
- The Thomas Built Buses, Inc., Continuing Education and Professional Growth Grant is given to a member contractor or staff to support continuing education.
- The Outstanding Driver Service Award is given to a school bus driver who has demonstrated excellent safety performance and a commitment to superior excellence.
- The Outstanding School Transportation Administrator Award recognizes school transportation administrators who share our commitment to the safe transportation of the nation’s students.
- The Go Yellow, Go Green Award was created to recognize a leader in the school bus industry who has shown initiative and commitment in pursuing positive responses to growing environmental concerns.
- The Meritorious Service Award was established in 2009 to recognize an individual who has displayed support and leadership toward improving pupil transportation safety and the promotion of NSTA as well as the school bus industry.
- NSTA’s Green School Bus Fleet Certification is reserved for NSTA member operators and other school bus operators for their efforts in striving to operate a more environmentally aware fleet.
All nominations must be submitted to the NSTA office on May 5 and nominators will be notified if their nominee was selceted by May 26.
- Propane School Bus Registrations Jumped 700 Percent
- Fired Facebook Critic of ‘Horrible School Bus Drivers’ Wins Lawsuit & Job Back
- Propane Council Video Celebrates School Bus Milestone
- Free Webinar: How Propane School Buses Stretch Tight Budgets
- $94M Funded for Electric, CNG School Buses in California
Latest from Gabriela Mungarro
- Tiny Smart Earbud Provides Life Saving Alerts
- ADOMANI Makes Further Progress to Become First to List on NASDAQ through Equity Crowdfunding
- Cummins Guidanz Mobile App Improves Customer Uptime
- Wheelchair Mobility: How Far Has It Progressed?
- Blue Bird to Offer School Buses with Allison Transmission's FuelSense 2.0