Tyler Technologies has hired Todd Duncan, former assistant transportation director for Washoe County School District in Reno, Nevada, as an implementation consultant for nationwide school district clients.
Duncan explained to School Transportation News that he will train new clients on Tyler’s Versatrans transportation solutions, including the RP routing product both online and on site. He described the training as “teaching them the building blocks of routing.”
“Todd brings a vast knowledge of student transportation systems and a very solid understanding of fleet maintenance, which will be invaluable to Tyler clients,” added Ted Thien, vice president and general manager of transportation solutions for Tyler’s ERP and schools division. “His direct experience as a former client will help us optimize and continuously improve not only our solutions, but also our client support to best serve our growing base of clients.”
Duncan officially retires on July 10 from the school district, where he has worked for 30 years. He started in the school bus maintenance shop, eventually rising the rank of fleet manager and finally as assistant director in charge of operations. During his tenure there, he helped select and implement Versatrans for school bus routing and planning.
Duncan said he is currently undergoing training on Versatrans products and by the summer expects to hit the road to start teaching clients.
- FMCSA Announces Public Listening Session on Autonomous Vehicles
- Enhanced School and Transit Bus Video System Doubles HD Video Quality
- Rosco's New Safe-T-Scope 360 Provides a Surround View to Eliminate Blind Zones Around the Vehicle
- NTSB Calls for ‘Urgent’ Exam of Baltimore Bus Driver Checks
- Stertil-Koni Mobile Column Lifts Now with Touch Screen Control