General Motors recognized 118 of its best global suppliers during its 25th annual Supplier of the Year awards ceremony in Orlando, Florida.
GM horned more suppliers at this year's event held onMarch 31 than in any other since its debut in 1992.
Automotive suppliers from 15 countries received GM’s coveted Supplier of the Year award for consistently exceeding expectations, innovation and outstanding value.
“We have the privilege to work with and recognize the industry’s most capable suppliers,” said Steve Kiefer, GM vice president, Global Purchasing and Supply Chain. “Through their valued partnership, we will continue to deliver the products, services and experiences our customers deserve.”
The winning suppliers were chosen by a global team of GM purchasing, engineering, quality, manufacturing and logistics executives and were selected based on their performance criteria in Product Purchasing, Indirect Purchasing, Customer Care and Aftersales and logistics.
During the award ceremony, GM also honored three companies– Aisin AW Co., Ltd., Conform and Kautex– with its Overdrive Award for extraordinary leadership in cultural change and commitment initiatives that drive exceptional business results.
"We are focused on building positive supplier relationships, bringing new, customer-centric innovations to GM and being the OEM of choice among suppliers," said Steve Kiefer, GM vice president, Global Purchasing and Supply Chain. "The companies we recognize tonight not only have brought innovation, but also delivered it with the quality our customers deserve."
General Motors’ 2016 Supplier of the Year award winners include:
- Fleet Financing Resources Joins Marlin Business Solutions
- Vehicle Lifts Must Pass Tougher Testing to Earn ALI Gold Label
- Blue Bird Tender Offer to Buy up to $50 Million of its Capital Stock at $28
- Detroit Diesel Remanufacturing & Bosh Celebrate 10-Year Anniversary of North America Fuel Systems Remanufacturing
- U.S. is Now the No. 1 Crude Oil Producer in the World
Latest from Gabriela Mungarro
- Tiny Smart Earbud Provides Life Saving Alerts
- ADOMANI Makes Further Progress to Become First to List on NASDAQ through Equity Crowdfunding
- Cummins Guidanz Mobile App Improves Customer Uptime
- Wheelchair Mobility: How Far Has It Progressed?
- Blue Bird to Offer School Buses with Allison Transmission's FuelSense 2.0