Navistar announced prior to start of the National Association for Pupil Transportation Summit in Columbus, Ohio that IC Bus will unveil a new all-electric concept school bus.
While details won’t be released until the trade show on Tuesday, Navistar said on Thursday that the concept ZEV is the result of its partnership with Volkswagen Truck & Bus Group.
In September at the North American Commercial Vehicle Show in Atlanta, the two companies announced their plans to develop an electric-powered, medium-duty vehicle for the U.S. and Canada.
The IC Bus parent added that the electric school bus was designed to give school districts “an environmentally friendly school bus option that aims to lower the Total Cost of Ownership and offer user-friendly options and features with diesel-like performance.”
The electric school bus will be unveiled at 9:15 a.m. Eastern time on Tuesday at booth 619 in Exhibit Hall C of the Greater Columbus Convention Center.
- Idaho Association Honors School Bus Professionals of Year
- Agility Fuel Solutions Receives CARB Approval for Low-NOx Natural Gas Engine
- IC Bus Awards Scholarship Winners for 2018
- Shortage of School Buses Leads Alaska District to Hire Taxis
- First Student’s Fourth Annual Safety Dog Bus Tour Goes Back to School