Barry Sudduth took over as National Association for Pupil Transportation president during industry conferences in Columbus, Ohio and was joined on the board by Rick Grisham, the 2017 STN Leadership Award winner and executive director of transportation for Cobb County School District in Georgia.
Steve Simmons, formerly the director of transportation for hometown Columbus City Schools before retiring last year, was voted in as president-elect. His two-year term as president of the association would begin in November 2019.
Another local Ohio resident, Toledo City Schools Director of Transportation Brad Aemissegger, was voted onto the board as Region 3 director.
Meanwhile, Dwight Gleeves of Hydrotex, a developer of vehicle lubricants and fuel improvers, won re-election as affiliate member director.
- Steril-Koni to Dive into 22nd Polar Bear Plunge in Maryland for Special Olympians
- Alabama Five-Year-Old Gets Left for Hours on Cold School Bus
- Industry Legend Ed Donn Retires from 247 Security
- South Carolina Legislature Overrides School Bus Funding Veto
- Student Safety Prioritized Amid Winter Challenges