Safe Fleet, owner of several transportation safety brands including Seon, Specialty Manufacturing and Transpec, added to its fleet surveillance video expertise with the acquisition of MobileView.
Financial terms of Safe Fleet’s purchase of MobileView from Interlogix, a part of UTC Climate, Controls and Security and a unit of United Technologies Corp, were not disclosed.
MobileView is the largest provider of mobile surveillance and video management to the U.S. transit industry. Safe Fleet said MobileView products are installed in over 35,000 transit buses and rail vehicles nationwide. This makes Safe Fleet now the No. 1 video surveillance provider in that market, said company CEO John Knox.
“Safe Fleet presents a compelling opportunity to leverage MobileView’s capabilities and position the portfolio for growth with transit bus and rail agencies,” added Al Cavagnero, general manager for MobileView.
In addition to already serving the transit and markets, Safe Fleet's Seon brand also provide video surveillance on and around school buses.
- Zonar and the NAPT Showcase Commitment to Pupil Safety with the 2018 Don Carnahan Grant
- #TSD2018 Mardi Gras Trade Show Sneak Peek
- Microsoft Pursues Rural School Bus Internet Via TVWS Tech
- Volkswagen Alliance, IC Bus Solutions Drive Navistar Growth
- SoundOff Announces Bill Wakefield as New Vice President and General Manager