IC Bus continued a national tour of its chargE concept electric school bus with a recent visit to Sacramento, California students.
The chargE provided a mobile learning lab experience at the School of Engineering and Sciences of the Sacramento City Unified School District on Thursday. A spokesman for Navistar, the parent company of IC Bus, said students experienced firsthand how electric technology is powering the future of the industry. Students also interacted with IC Bus engineers, and learned about the complexities of transportation choices, real-world design of electric powertrains and solutions for sustainable modes of transportation.
The event was led by Dean Oppermann, director of advanced engineering for IC Bus, and Sudha Veerapaneni, director for IC Bus. Joining them was Patrick Bohman, Learning Support Services coordinator for the district’s School of Engineering and Sciences.
- 6th Grader Shares Story of School Bus ‘Hit-and-Run’ and Viral Note
- Idaho PSA Reminds Motorists to Stop for School Buses
- Proposed NYC Bill Calls for All-Electric School Buses
- ‘No Engine, No Problem;’ Segment on Good Day Sacramento Features Lion Electric
- Mother of Boy Killed in Indiana Bus Crash Files Lawsuit