IC Bus continued a national tour of its chargE concept electric school bus with a recent visit to Sacramento, California students.
The chargE provided a mobile learning lab experience at the School of Engineering and Sciences of the Sacramento City Unified School District on Thursday. A spokesman for Navistar, the parent company of IC Bus, said students experienced firsthand how electric technology is powering the future of the industry. Students also interacted with IC Bus engineers, and learned about the complexities of transportation choices, real-world design of electric powertrains and solutions for sustainable modes of transportation.
The event was led by Dean Oppermann, director of advanced engineering for IC Bus, and Sudha Veerapaneni, director for IC Bus. Joining them was Patrick Bohman, Learning Support Services coordinator for the district’s School of Engineering and Sciences.
- Agility Fuel Solutions Receives CARB Approval for Low-NOx Natural Gas Engine
- Shortage of School Buses Leads Alaska District to Hire Taxis
- First Student’s Fourth Annual Safety Dog Bus Tour Goes Back to School
- W.V. Policy Requires Bus Stop Supervision of K-3 Students
- Blue Bird Propane School Bus Certified as Ultra-Low NOx