The New York City Transit is purchasing 400 paratransit buses from Collins Bus, after the subsidiary of REV Group won a contract for its largest commercial order in company history.
Collins won the bid this month. It first opened in the fall of 2016.
New York City Transit is a new customer for Collins. The agency is purchasing the single-rear wheel, flexible, 20-foot length buses with 138-inch wheelbases and wheelchair lifts.
“We are incredibly excited to be working with the New York City Transit,” said Matt Scheuler, general manager of Collins Bus. “It is a privilege to provide Collins buses to such a storied organization and it’s a perfect representation of our commitment to accessibility for passengers of all abilities.”
Last year, Collins celebrated its 50th anniversary with the launch of a new low-floor bus for the school segment at the 2017 STN EXPO. Collins fine-tuned the bus after receiving industry feedback, and featured it again at TSD Conference in March and at last week’s STN EXPO in Reno, Nevada.
Latest from Ryan Gray
- Blue Bird Propane School Bus Certified as Ultra-Low NOx
- Shutrump Humbled By Grandolfo Special Needs Award at STN EXPO
- High Resistance to Low Rolling Resistant Tires
- Judge Turns to Video to Weigh More Charges for School Bus Driver
- OnCommand Connection Now Integrated With Axis TMS Fleet Management Solution