A parent was caught on video last year llegally entering a Kansas City school bus to threaten a 7-year-old student with a belt and confront the driver, reports fox4kc.com. And now the man is wanted.
Jerel Robinson was arrested at the time for harassment and third-degree assault as the video shows him storm his way on the bus, despite driver Kamilah Rice's attempts to block him at the top of the school bus steps. The video shows Robinson yell to his daughter to point out a boy she accused of harassing her, and then Robinson with belt in hand pushes past Rice to threaten the boy. In doing so he also grabbed a radio out of Rice's hand.
“My life was being threatened, my school baby's lives were being threatened,” Rice told FOX 4's Megan Brilley.
Robinson failed to show up for a court date in December and a warrant has been issued for his arrest.
- Shortage of School Buses Leads Alaska District to Hire Taxis
- First Student’s Fourth Annual Safety Dog Bus Tour Goes Back to School
- W.V. Policy Requires Bus Stop Supervision of K-3 Students
- Miraculously Nobody Killed in Latest N.J. School Bus Crash
- Parents Queue Up to Drive Children in Response to Combined Bus Routes