Boardman Local Schools in Ohio is now using a new app to track its school buses reports WKBN 27.
The "Here Comes The Bus" app lets parents know the exact location of their child's bus without leaving the house.
The school bus app uses GPS signal to let parents see where their kids' bus is in real time whether its morning or afternoon. The free app works on multiple outlets such as phones, tablets and computers.
Parent Connie Spin said in addition to knowing where her kids are, the app also has other benefits.
“You’re getting four kids ready in the morning, and you only have a short amount of time, so the bus app is really wonderful because it allows me to see when the bus is coming down the street, how fast I need to get the kids moving,” she said.
The district says the app will help keep the busing experience a safe and positive one for everyone involved.
- School Bus Driver Evacuates Students to Safety After Bus Fire
- NASDPTS Releases Annual School Bus Illegal Passing Survey
- Moving Parts: Bendix Encourages Discussion of the Automated/Autonomous Vehicle Ecosystem
- First Student’s Third Annual Safety Dog Bus Tour Goes Back to School
- STN EXPO Keynote Villahermosa Highlights School Bus Driver Influence
Latest from Gabriela Mungarro
- Tiny Smart Earbud Provides Life Saving Alerts
- ADOMANI Makes Further Progress to Become First to List on NASDAQ through Equity Crowdfunding
- Cummins Guidanz Mobile App Improves Customer Uptime
- Wheelchair Mobility: How Far Has It Progressed?
- Blue Bird to Offer School Buses with Allison Transmission's FuelSense 2.0