A 50-year-old school bus driver in Newberry County, South Carolina was arrested after the Highway Patrol pulled his green and white activity bus over driving the wrong way without headlights, reports WYFF4.com.
Brent Patrick Carter was charged with a DUI Sunday evening after troopers oberved the Goose Creek High School bus get on the eastbound entrance ramp to Interstate 26 from Highway 34. Fifteen students and three adult chaperones were also on the bus at the time and had been attending a drama competition.
Carter's blood-alcohol concentration registered at .18 percent, more than double the legal limit.
- Liberty County School System Launches Transportation Notification Systems
- Keynote Highlights Legalities of Transporting Students with Disabilities
- TSD Conference Keynote Davidson Delivers 'Precious Cargo'
- Attendee Perspective on TSD Conference: Monday
- Burns: When Student Behavior Is Not an IEP Issue