A 50-year-old school bus driver in Newberry County, South Carolina was arrested after the Highway Patrol pulled his green and white activity bus over driving the wrong way without headlights, reports WYFF4.com.
Brent Patrick Carter was charged with a DUI Sunday evening after troopers oberved the Goose Creek High School bus get on the eastbound entrance ramp to Interstate 26 from Highway 34. Fifteen students and three adult chaperones were also on the bus at the time and had been attending a drama competition.
Carter's blood-alcohol concentration registered at .18 percent, more than double the legal limit.
- NTSB’s Hart Provides Insights from School Bus Crash Investigations
- Student Transportation Company Enters Ride Share Market
- ACC Climate Control and Vanner Inc. unveil Revolutionary Technology for School Buses at NAPT Conference
- Beauty and Brains: "Little Miss Antelope Valley" Saves School Bus Driver
- Industry Officials Learn Parent Perspectives on School Buses, Drivers