Police are searching for a school bus driver hired by a group of parents to drive their children to and from an Upper West Side Manhattan school after he allegedly punched a 6-year-old boy in the nose, reports WABC-TV Eyewitness News.
An administrator for the private school contacted police after the bloody-nosed boy arrived at school and said the bus driver did it. The article states that other children on the bus subsequently accused the driver, who has a criminal history of 14 arrests, of telling them to pull their pants down.
The school administration pointed out that the 53-year-old bus driver is not an employee of the school, but instead parents privately arranged for both the bus and driver.
- Logan Bus Company Purchases 55 Trans Tech Trans Star Type-A School Buses to Upgrade and Expand Fleet
- Arkansas Girl Falls out of Moving School Bus
- Seat Belts on School Buses Bill Advancing in TN
- Twenty Killed in School Minibus Crash in South Africa
- Durham School Services Receives Perfect Score on Fleet Inspection