An investigation in Illinois is currently underway after video captured a bus aide repeatedly striking a young student rider diagnosed with autism, reports WGN Chicago.
Dr. Peggy Marville, superintendent of New Lenox School District 122 located east of Joliet, was the first who witnessed the video and immediately notified Kayla Rushing's parents.
WGN Chicago indicated that the bus aide who accompanied Kayla works for a different district, Lincoln-Way Area Special Education District 843, that New Lennox contracts with to provide transportation service.
The New Lenox School District responded to the incident with the following statement: “Student safety is our first priority and we expect any service the district contracts with to fully comply with this priority.”
No charges have been filed at this writing.
Latest from Nathan Tuvalu
- North Carolina Teen Steals School Bus, Crashes after Police Chase
- Steril-Koni to Dive into 22nd Polar Bear Plunge in Maryland for Special Olympians
- Alabama Five-Year-Old Gets Left for Hours on Cold School Bus
- TransPar Group of Companies Hires Longtime Industry Leader to Join Team
- NYAPT Endorses Drug and Alcohol Testing Legislation