An 11-year-old boy was killed after his Shelbyville ISD school bus was rear-ended by a pickup truck and rolled over near the Texas-Louisiana border, reports KETK East Texas Matters.
The crash occurred Monday at about 4 p.m. local time in a rural area about 50 miles east of Nacogdoches. The Texas Department of Public Safety is quoted as saying the bus was turning from a farm road onto a county road when the 1997 Dodge pickup struck the bus.
Several injuries were also reported. No other details were available at this report as the investigation was ongoing.
- Watch: School Districts, Bus Contractors Focus on Student Safety
- Durham School Services Demos Operations for Iowa Mayor
- School Bus Safety Company, Inc. Supports National School Bus Safety Week
- Alleged Sexual Assault Reported on Kansas School Bus
- Charlotte School Bus Explosion Forces Students to Flee