An 11-year-old boy was killed after his Shelbyville ISD school bus was rear-ended by a pickup truck and rolled over near the Texas-Louisiana border, reports KETK East Texas Matters.
The crash occurred Monday at about 4 p.m. local time in a rural area about 50 miles east of Nacogdoches. The Texas Department of Public Safety is quoted as saying the bus was turning from a farm road onto a county road when the 1997 Dodge pickup struck the bus.
Several injuries were also reported. No other details were available at this report as the investigation was ongoing.
- School Bus, Train Collision Kills 4 Children in South France
- NTSB On Scene at Site of Fatal Iowa School Bus Crash
- Family and Friends Mourn Georgia Preschooler Killed on School Bus
- Local, Federal Investigators Look Into Fatal Iowa School Bus Fire
- Recalling 35 ‘Rewarding’ Years as School Bus Driver, Trainer