An 11-year-old boy was killed after his Shelbyville ISD school bus was rear-ended by a pickup truck and rolled over near the Texas-Louisiana border, reports KETK East Texas Matters.
The crash occurred Monday at about 4 p.m. local time in a rural area about 50 miles east of Nacogdoches. The Texas Department of Public Safety is quoted as saying the bus was turning from a farm road onto a county road when the 1997 Dodge pickup struck the bus.
Several injuries were also reported. No other details were available at this report as the investigation was ongoing.
- Capital Conundrum: How Do You Afford New School Buses in Times of Austerity?
- Bond Reduced for School Bus Driver in Chattanooga Crash Case
- Rosco, Inc. and Rostra Precision Controls, Inc. Settle a Patent Infringement Action
- School Bus Driver Arrested with BAC Five Times the Legal Limit
- Western Wildfires Put Damper on School Startup