An 11-year-old boy was killed after his Shelbyville ISD school bus was rear-ended by a pickup truck and rolled over near the Texas-Louisiana border, reports KETK East Texas Matters.
The crash occurred Monday at about 4 p.m. local time in a rural area about 50 miles east of Nacogdoches. The Texas Department of Public Safety is quoted as saying the bus was turning from a farm road onto a county road when the 1997 Dodge pickup struck the bus.
Several injuries were also reported. No other details were available at this report as the investigation was ongoing.
- Calif. School District Faces Backlash Over Busing Cuts
- New Volvo Models First to Make Bendix Flagship Driver Assistance Technology Standard
- Mobile to Spike Telematics Market By 2022, Study Says
- U.S. Rep Calls for Federal School Bus Seat Belt Mandate
- TomTom and GPSi Offer New Connected Mobility Solution for School Bus and Motorcoach Operators