An 11-year-old boy was killed after his Shelbyville ISD school bus was rear-ended by a pickup truck and rolled over near the Texas-Louisiana border, reports KETK East Texas Matters.
The crash occurred Monday at about 4 p.m. local time in a rural area about 50 miles east of Nacogdoches. The Texas Department of Public Safety is quoted as saying the bus was turning from a farm road onto a county road when the 1997 Dodge pickup struck the bus.
Several injuries were also reported. No other details were available at this report as the investigation was ongoing.
- WATCH: IMMI Side-Impact Crash Test Demos Seat-Belt Benefits
- ARI Phoenix, Inc. Introduces New Patent Pending "ELEVATE" Mobile Lift Safe Cable Management System
- First Student Expands Illinois Operations with Falcon Transportation Acquisition
- PA School Bus Association Reminds Drivers: "School is Open, Please Watch for Students"
- Durham School Services Receive Perfect Score on Fleet Inspection by Kansas State Patrol