The Dallas County Medical Examiner said Bradley Farmer had 0.19 mg/L of methamphetamines in his system when the truck driver swerved across U.S. Highway 271 in March and caused a fatal collision with a school activity bus, reports the Tyler Morning Telegraph.
The Texas Department of Public Safety released the final crash report last week. Famer died at the scene ear Talco, Texas as did Angelica Beard, 30, an assistant coach for the Mount Pleasant High School track team. She was traveling behind the bus when it was hit nearly head-on by the 18-wheeler on March 23.
Head track coach Van Bowen was driving the bus at the time and steered away from a full, head-on collision. Bowen and 18 athletes on board the bus were injured.
- School Bus, Train Collision Kills 4 Children in South France
- NTSB On Scene at Site of Fatal Iowa School Bus Crash
- Family and Friends Mourn Georgia Preschooler Killed on School Bus
- Local, Federal Investigators Look Into Fatal Iowa School Bus Fire
- Recalling 35 ‘Rewarding’ Years as School Bus Driver, Trainer