The East Aurora School Board made history when it approved school bus transportation for 3,000 students who live more than a mile and a half from school, the Chicago Tribune reports.
The transportation services are specifically for families residing on the east side of town.
The inclusion of school buses is a district milestone for students who reside in more remote areas of Aurora. The availability of school buses has also reduced the need for parents to drive their students to school, which congests the area's streets and neighborhoods. Based on their consensus, the children said they find it much more pleasing to ride the school bus with their peers. School busing for Aurora could encourage timely attendance for students.
Allen Elementary Assistant Kelly Marotz says, “We are helping out. We knew there would be traffic and that we would have to problem-solve.”
- NTSB Fills all Five Board Member Positions
- Vehicle Lifts Must Pass Tougher Testing to Earn ALI Gold Label
- Post-Tropical Cyclone Olivia Causes Landslides on Hawaiian Islands
- Blue Bird Tender Offer to Buy up to $50 Million of its Capital Stock at $28
- U.S. is Now the No. 1 Crude Oil Producer in the World