A different kind of school bus fire occurred in Independence, Missouri after a student’s cell phone erupted into flames, reports Fox4KC.com.
The passenger’s iPhone began to smoke during a route on Sept. 29, and the student dropped it to the floor and notified the bus driver. Meanwhile, another student stomped on the phone to try and put out the resuting fire.
That student then picked up the phone to throw it off the bus, and in the process sustained minor burns, said the City of Independence via Twitter.
No other injuries were reported.
- School Bus, Train Collision Kills 4 Children in South France
- Family and Friends Mourn Georgia Preschooler Killed on School Bus
- Local, Federal Investigators Look Into Fatal Iowa School Bus Fire
- Recalling 35 ‘Rewarding’ Years as School Bus Driver, Trainer
- Denver Public Schools Reflects on Training Following Crash