A different kind of school bus fire occurred in Independence, Missouri after a student’s cell phone erupted into flames, reports Fox4KC.com.
The passenger’s iPhone began to smoke during a route on Sept. 29, and the student dropped it to the floor and notified the bus driver. Meanwhile, another student stomped on the phone to try and put out the resuting fire.
That student then picked up the phone to throw it off the bus, and in the process sustained minor burns, said the City of Independence via Twitter.
No other injuries were reported.
- NJ Driver Acts Quickly When School Bus Catches Fire
- New Ohio Conference Center Hosts Blue Bird School Bus Event
- N.J. Lawmakers Hold Hearing on School Bus Safety
- Howard Bus Services Takes First Delivery Of IC Bus® Gasoline School Buses
- Convicted Chattanooga School Bus Driver Charged With Statutory Rape
Latest from Ryan Gray
- STN EXPO Indianapolis Announced at Indiana State Conference
- Superior Energy VP Receives National Propane Gas Association Safety Award
- School Bus Aide Arrested When Video Shows Assault on Student
- JVCKENWOOD Announces Nationwide NEXEDGE® System Interactive Map
- Clean Energy Shareholders Overwhelmingly Approve Total’s Equity Investment