A different kind of school bus fire occurred in Independence, Missouri after a student’s cell phone erupted into flames, reports Fox4KC.com.
The passenger’s iPhone began to smoke during a route on Sept. 29, and the student dropped it to the floor and notified the bus driver. Meanwhile, another student stomped on the phone to try and put out the resuting fire.
That student then picked up the phone to throw it off the bus, and in the process sustained minor burns, said the City of Independence via Twitter.
No other injuries were reported.
Latest from Ryan Gray
- How Will New FMCSA Diabetes Rule Affect School Bus Drivers?
- Video Exonerates School Bus Driver Accused by Students
- EPA Extends Clean Diesel Tribal Grant Applications Timeline
- Calif. Law Addresses School Buses Without 3-Point Seat Belts
- Corrected: Former CEO of School Bus Video Firm Pleads Guilty to Fraud