Reports indicate that the school bus driver veered off road and hit a tree. All 21 passengers were taken to the hospital. Cambria, 5, was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.
In his moving eulogy to his daughter on Saturday, Kris Shuman said, “When I sleep, I see her. And she’s happy. Happy as a clam.”
Cambria is survived by her mother, father, stepmother, stepfather, three sisters, a brother and several grandparents.
Officials described that the investigation continues as they review the driving record of Evelyn Ramirez, 62-year-old who operated the school bus the day of the crash.
- Proposed Sale of Nashville School Bus Maintenance Center Debated
- School Bus Safety Co. Founder to Speak at 25th Anniversary of STN EXPO
- Short Drivers, Kansas District Cuts School Bus Service
- Pretty in Pink Yard Signs Sprouting for Recruiting School Bus Drivers
- Texas Association for Pupil Transportation President Sets Plans