Reports indicate that the school bus driver veered off road and hit a tree. All 21 passengers were taken to the hospital. Cambria, 5, was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.
In his moving eulogy to his daughter on Saturday, Kris Shuman said, “When I sleep, I see her. And she’s happy. Happy as a clam.”
Cambria is survived by her mother, father, stepmother, stepfather, three sisters, a brother and several grandparents.
Officials described that the investigation continues as they review the driving record of Evelyn Ramirez, 62-year old who operated the school bus the day of the crash.
Latest from Nathan Tuvalu
- North Carolina Teen Steals, Crashes School Bus after Police Chase
- Steril-Koni to Dive into 22nd Polar Bear Plunge in Maryland for Special Olympians
- Alabama Five-Year-Old Gets Left for Hours on Cold School Bus
- TransPar Group of Companies Hires Longtime Industry Leader to Join Team
- NYAPT Endorses Drug and Alcohol Testing Legislation