Larry Beutler awaits sentencing next month after entering a guilty plea last week to two counts of assault with intent to commit sexual penetration on a student rider, the Detroit Free Press reports.
The 66-year-old former employee of Dean Transportation drove a route for Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District. Investigators said he committed the crime on a 14-year-old girl on the bus.
The plea agreement was reached so the girl won't have to testify.
Beutler faces up to 10 years in prison.
- Police: Seat Belts Save Lives in Serious School Van Crash
- Idaho Association Honors School Bus Professionals of Year
- First Student’s Fourth Annual Safety Dog Bus Tour Goes Back to School
- W.V. Policy Requires Bus Stop Supervision of K-3 Students
- Miraculously Nobody Killed in Latest N.J. School Bus Crash