A Clark County School District bus was hit head-on by a minivan and burst into flames, reports KTNV 13 Action News.
The incident happened just before 9 a.m. on Wednesday morning. Nevada Highway Patrol said that the minivan’s driver became distracted and drifted across the center line into the path of the school bus. Moments after being struck, the front of the bus caught on fire.
The minivan driver was taken by helicopter to the hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening. The bus had no students aboard and the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that the driver was not taken to the hospital.
- Convicted Chattanooga School Bus Driver Charged With Statutory Rape
- Fired Facebook Critic of ‘Horrible School Bus Drivers’ Wins Lawsuit & Job Back
- Atlanta School Bus Driver Fired for Texting & Driving
- Superior Energy VP Receives National Propane Gas Association Safety Award
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo Continues School Bus Tour