WSOCTV.com reports that police in Union County, North Carolina arrested a local school bus driver for allegedly posting a threat on Facebook toward middle school staff.
Lashaunda Hooker Beachum, 32, faces two felony charges of making false reports concerning mass violence on educational property. Police say Beachum created a fake profile on Facebook and posted threats early on March 2 toward four staff members of Porter Ridge Middle School by threatening to shoot up the campus.
Union County Public Schools fired Beachum later that same day. She started driving for district on Jan. 3.
A local reporter Tweeted that police continued to investigate whether Beachum used a student's picture for the fake profile.
- Ohio School Bus Legend Sontag, Jr., Retiring in July
- NTSB Concludes Driver, District and Contractor Failures in Fatal School Bus Crashes
- Lawyers Begin Circling N.J. Bus Crash, Comment on Liability
- N.J. Mourns Deaths of Student, Teacher in School Bus Crash
- Video Shows 8-Year-Old Autistic Girl Dragged Off School Bus
Latest from Ryan Gray
- NSTA Capitol Hill Testimony Reiterates FAST Act Importance
- Want to Be a Transportation Supervisor? The STN EXPO Can Help
- ‘School Bus Driver’ Inadequately Describes Responsibilities, Says NASDPTS
- Alabama Student Honored for Stopping Drunk School Bus Driver
- IC Bus Dealer Midwest Transit Equipment Adds to Portfolio