WSOCTV.com reports that police in Union County, North Carolina arrested a local school bus driver for allegedly posting a threat on Facebook toward middle school staff.
Lashaunda Hooker Beachum, 32, faces two felony charges of making false reports concerning mass violence on educational property. Police say Beachum created a fake profile on Facebook. He allegedly posted threats early on March 2 toward four staff members of Porter Ridge Middle School, by threatening to shoot up the campus.
Union County Public Schools fired Beachum later that same day. She started driving for district on Jan. 3.
A local reporter Tweeted that police continued to investigate whether Beachum used a student's picture for the fake profile.
- Police: Seat Belts Save Lives in Serious School Van Crash
- Idaho Association Honors School Bus Professionals of Year
- W.V. Policy Requires Bus Stop Supervision of K-3 Students
- Parents Queue Up to Drive Children in Response to Combined Bus Routes
- Pay Hike Helps South Carolina School District Avoid Bus Driver Shortage